21 June 2018 Peace and Security While many positive steps have been taken in the Central African Republic (CAR), progress has been too slow and is continually under threat from “those who seek private gains through violence,” the United Nations Read more…
21 June 2018 Humanitarian Aid Focussing on “listening to all sides” the new United Nations Special Envoy on Myanmar praised “recent positive steps” taken by the government and United Nations to try and ensure the eventual voluntary, safe and dignified Read more…
12 June 2018 Peace and Security United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has welcomed the formation on Monday of a government of national unity in Madagascar led by a non-partisan Prime Minister, as requested by the nation’s leading constitutional court.
- Restoring government control across Central African Republic is ‘key’ to lasting peace, stability – UN envoy
- UN chief welcomes ‘positive steps’ towards peace between Eritrea and Ethiopia
- UN chief calls for ‘immediate end’ to escalation of fighting in southwestern Syria, as thousands are displaced
- UN Envoy ‘confident’ deal can be reached to avert further violence around key Yemeni port city
- Myanmar: New UN envoy offers to serve ‘as a bridge’, recognizes ‘positive steps’ over Rakhine state