July 18, 2018 Clowns in the United States do not have a sterling reputation. Their mere mention is likely to conjure up images of horror film fiends or social pariahs—manic, makeup-wearing, troubled individuals who shouldn’t be allowed near children. Because Read more…
Two-year-old Aliyah,* born prematurely, has a neurological condition called cerebral palsy. She also has chronic lung disease of prematurity and sickle cell disease, a blood condition. In addition to her pediatrician, she sees a neurologist, a pulmonologist, a hematologist, an Read more…
17 May 2018 United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, on Thursday condemned an attack against UN peacekeeping troops in southeastern Central African Republic (CAR) that claimed the life of one peacekeeper, and wounded eight others – all from Mauritania.
- UNICEF appeals for end to ‘war on children’ in Syria and Yemen
- Somalia: UN urges steps to ensure future elections not ‘marred’ by rights abuses seen in recent polls
- Venezuelan exodus to Ecuador reaches record levels: UN refugee agency steps up aid
- Free and secure access needed in DR Congo conflict zone to tackle Ebola – WHO
- FROM THE FIELD: Sailing a traditional and sustainable path in Fiji’s tropical waters