22 May 2018 Humanitarian Aid A major canal dredging project underway in Southern Bangladesh to protect Rohingya refugees from monsoon floods, will have the added benefit of boosting local agriculture, the United Nations migration agency said Tuesday.
Month: May 2018
17 May 2018 United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, on Thursday condemned an attack against UN peacekeeping troops in southeastern Central African Republic (CAR) that claimed the life of one peacekeeper, and wounded eight others – all from Mauritania.
- New project safeguards Rohingya refugees; boosts local farming – UN migration agency
- UN rights office urges restraint over intensifying violence in northern Myanmar
- Key UN forum in Asia-Pacific sets its sights on combatting inequality
- Syria: Civilians bear brunt of unilateral sanctions, exacerbating ‘unparalleled suffering, destruction,’ says UN expert
- UN chief condemns attack against ‘blue helmets’ in Central African Republic