- UN rights chief calls for release of hundreds abducted and abused in South Sudan
- Displaced families face aftermath of Indonesia earthquake and tsunami
- ‘Virginity testing’: a human rights violation, with no scientific basis – UN
- Africa is ‘on the rise’, says UN chief Guterres, urging collaboration for better future
- West Bank: ‘imminent’ demolition of Palestinian village could be ‘war crime’ – ICC Prosecutor
Daily Archives: 4th May 2018
Health and safety at work can get ridiculed in more affluent countries as something nannyish and interfering – but for much of the developing world it is a matter of life and death. Unsafe workplaces have the kind of casualty … Continue reading
MAY 03, 2018 The young mother stepped onto the scale for the doctor. Even with all her black robes on, she weighed only 84 pounds — 38 kilograms. Umm Mizrah is pregnant, but starving herself to feed her children.