- SUBSCRIBE AUDIO HUB ‘Countless opportunities’ for new people-centred workplace, but ‘decisive action’ critical
- Mediterranean migrant drownings should spur greater action by European countries, urge UN agencies
- Fuel crisis rapidly draining last ‘coping capacities’ of Palestinians in Gaza
- Nigeria: Armed conflict continues to uproot thousands, driving up humanitarian need
- New UN bullying report calls for ‘safe, inclusive’ schools for all children
Daily Archives: 4th May 2018
Health and safety at work can get ridiculed in more affluent countries as something nannyish and interfering – but for much of the developing world it is a matter of life and death. Unsafe workplaces have the kind of casualty … Continue reading
MAY 03, 2018 The young mother stepped onto the scale for the doctor. Even with all her black robes on, she weighed only 84 pounds — 38 kilograms. Umm Mizrah is pregnant, but starving herself to feed her children.