- SUBSCRIBE AUDIO HUB ‘Countless opportunities’ for new people-centred workplace, but ‘decisive action’ critical
- Mediterranean migrant drownings should spur greater action by European countries, urge UN agencies
- Fuel crisis rapidly draining last ‘coping capacities’ of Palestinians in Gaza
- Nigeria: Armed conflict continues to uproot thousands, driving up humanitarian need
- New UN bullying report calls for ‘safe, inclusive’ schools for all children
Daily Archives: 1st January 2019
31 December 2018 Peace and Security As the world – and the United Nations – continues to grapple with political crises, we look at the political landscape with Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Rosemary DiCarlo. We begin by asking her what … Continue reading
31 December 2018 Peace and Security The United Nations said on Monday that it is aware of violent incidents and reports of irregularities in Sunday’s general elections in Bangladesh.
31 December 2018 Migrants and Refugees The United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR), on the last day of 2018, called on UN Member States to urgently offer safe ports of disembarkation for 49 refugees and migrants, including young children, aboard rescue … Continue reading
31 December 2018 Peace and Security Amid reports that Afghanistan’s 2019 presidential election may be postponed, local electoral authorities confirmed a polling date delay; a decision the UN Assistant Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) welcomed for its clarity on Monday.